The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Quote o' the Day

"In college, I remember telling one of my teachers, 'I have an idea for a great film. I just need to get access.' The teacher said, 'That's all you ever need. It's always just about access.' I took that to heart."

Photographer and filmmaker Lauren Greenfield
in an interview in Focus magazine issue 11, February 2007


Blogger Svein-Frode said...

So very very true. I remember another quote as well (can't remember who said it originally), that goes something like this:

In order to make exiting photographs you need to live an exiting life.

Talk is cheap, just do it! Time to log off the net and find the cam bag...

8:24 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Very true. Replace 'access' with 'time'. It's so easy to make excuses as to why we can't do something. It's very freeing to just do it.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ernest Theisen said...

The porch needs to be painted. To do that you need a sunny day. We don’t get many of those and I don’t like photographing in the rain. Yesterday was a sunny day with wonderful big white puffy clouds. My wife said “Are you going to paint the porch” I said “No I am going to grab my camera and drive through the park.” (Volcanos National Park). She gave me a long blank look and said “OK’. I got some good shots, made my first panorama (I need work on that process!) It was a good day. Maybe I will paint the porch today. E.

11:21 AM  
Blogger dae said...

In that vein... I post a photo a day to my web site. People often ask me "how do you get the time?" I always say that you're never going to get the time; you have to take the time.

12:03 PM  
Blogger David Bennett said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Dr Hiding Pup said...

Access: one of the reasons my five year-old nephew with his 3.2mp digicam is much better at photographing children than me...

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home