The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Photographers at Work

This is very funny. (Warning: the second picture down is not workplace/
school friendly.)

Posted by: MIKE JOHNSTON, thanks to Sandy R.

Featured Comment by Aleksander a.k.a. Alkos:












Featured Comment by helge.nareid: "Back in the early '80s I spent a year or so doing quality control in a photofinishing plant. One of my tasks was to spool through rolls of prints as they came off the processing machine. During that time I saw a fair cross-section of 'real people' photographs. I've also seen a fair number of the common mistakes, such as the result of taking a photo of a TV screen with flash.

"One roll of 110 film stays with me though. It shows a series of shots of an uninteresting landscape with an out-of-focus ear on one side. Clearly, the photographer shot an entire roll of film holding the camera back to front, which was easy to do with some of those cameras. The entire roll must have been shot at the same time, the landscape did not change significantly through the roll. I'm still wondering what was so important to the photographer that he wanted to expend an entire roll of film.

"These days at least, you don't have to wait for the film to come back from the lab."

11 Comments:

Blogger Sella Turcica said...

Going for the photography humor trifecta? Not nearly as funny as this, but a little funny: FARK thread on auction of world's oldest camera "with lens cap still in place" including link to original article:

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2828675

12:19 PM  
Blogger erlik said...

Just in case somebody thinks it's a joke: the last photo really does show what some owners of Olympus E-1 do to clean their camera. Repeatedly. And the failure rate is apparently extremely low, although Olympus doesn't recommend washing the camera under a faucet.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Derek S. said...

Hey, I give that kid photographing the alligator 10 e-props.

It's like he had a can of insta-balls before taking that photo.

2:28 PM  
Blogger David Bennett said...

I'm not so sure backward-man doesn't know what he is doing. If he is looking for a handy tripod to take a shot back towards us, then he has found one.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Hawk said...

I think some of those potato canon lenses cost more than my car did.

My 50mm cowers.

6:57 PM  
Blogger David Bennett said...

And to further 'prove' that maybe the man knows which way his camera is pointing, take a look at what the photographer wrote about his shot 'cars speed past' in inphotos

5:40 AM  
Blogger Bobby Clobber said...

I am just trying to imagine what the lady in the green suit must have thought when the flash went off ...

11:33 PM  
Blogger colegrovephoto said...

oops I ment to post that comment here.

11:56 PM  
Blogger ed said...

We enjoyed your blog. Would you consider adding our link to your blog? We think you and your readers may enjoy our website. Please look at our site when you have time: www.collectiblecameras.com. Thank you for considering our request.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Oliver said...

Hey I was just looking through your blog and the images along with it. They're really nice and the blog's are extremly interesting.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Glenn said...

I'll tell you a funny photo story. My father used to have one of those tiny cameras the kind you slid together to advance the film...you know the one...it had the view finder on one end and the lens on the other end. Well, one day I am over for a visit and he asked me about his just developed photos. Seems there was a problem with them and he wanted my advice. All the photos were of an ear??? OMG...I told him that he was using the camera backwards. He replied, "I thought everyone look really far away!"

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home