The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at!

Friday, April 06, 2007

High-Tech Viewfinder

The Ikodot.

Posted by: OREN GRAD, hat tip to Colin Jago


Blogger PatrickPerez said...

Wow, I thought it was merely a sports finder, but looking at the site shows some very clever, yet simple design. If I still shot an RF, I'd snap it up (inadvertent pun).


1:51 PM  
Blogger Robin Dreyer said...

That's the coolest thing since the crazy sports finder on the Speed Graphic. I only wish I needed one.


2:48 PM  
Blogger slow ninja said...

cool stuff, but I think it's kind of expensive for a twisted paper clip. However it's aimed at leicanuts who are used to expensive stuff! If it were about 20$ I'd get one.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Carsten Bockermann said...

This (or or some similar selfmade device) could be just the thing for my little D-Lux 3, which unfortnately has no finder at all.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Ranjit said...

I grew up with 35 mm black and white and kitchen printing. And printing was such chore!
Digital affords me the freedom from the hours in the dark room. How many frames does one shoot? who cares, one can always delete the unwanted ones. No going back to the film. Actually I shoot ten times more now, but I am not sure if I come out with better pictures!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Witek said...

And there is even more for those who use mostly one focal lenth.

After four months of daily use, you take off the frame (since you've got it in your mind already), and these two pins is all you need to frame an image.

It works,
I mean it!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

$99 for a piece of metal wire and a red dot. I guess that means we finally have empirical evidence that it's the red dot, not the brand name that makes Leicas so expensive.

Maybe they could consider offering it with a blue dot as well, for the rest of us? :) [because it *is* really cool]


9:11 AM  
Blogger Charlie Didrickson said...

Not that I have any use for it but I guarantee it would last exactly less than one week in my care.

Maybe it's stronger than it looks, but I think it's appeal might be more driven by the asthetic than how truly useful it is.

But hey, what do I know.......

9:51 AM  
Blogger John said...

Looks like this deviced might also be capable of picking up signals from deep space...where has it been all my life?

3:51 PM  
Blogger Ricko G. said...

Looks great, 21mm,35mm,50mm... Okay, but, will it work the same for people with loong noses (like me, and i'm proud of it, right?); or maybe when we try to frame a 35mm we'll be framing a 50 instead?
Why not developing the same product in different nose sizes?

3:54 PM  
Blogger John said...

Seriously I think it might be just the think for the Voightlander Vito BL I used to make some of my earliest photos and recently acquired on a permanent basis from my father. It does have a rangefinder that slips into the flash shoe but that sucker is awfully dark....

3:55 PM  
Blogger Pancho said...

It looks like it would be handy for sports shots indeed, but almost every shot I consider great in the sports setting was taken with a 200mm or better, not a 50mm. Just my opinion, but I took over 3000 football shots last year.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home