The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at!

Friday, February 16, 2007

Random Excellence

Hank Graber, Russell & Tyler, Egg Harbor, NJ, 2004

From Hank Graber's randomly excellent photoblog.



Blogger Adam McAnaney said...

Wow. I love it. And somehow I'm pretty sure that Mr. Graber's excellence isn't random (I know that isn't what you meant). Judging by the dates, it is apparent that he has been good at this for a long time. I do wonder what happened to the 80s and 90s, though. Seems like most of the pictures are from the 70s or from the 00s, so to speak.

My favorites: "Line Describing a Cone":

"Pump Up The Volume":

and the Doral (hedges) Series:

Thanks for sharing, Mike.


8:24 AM  
Blogger Hank said...

Thanks for the compliments and thanks to Mike for posting the link. I wasn't taking any photographs in the 80's and early 90's - I was running a color pre-press and retouching studio 24/7. After I sold it I got the photography itch and jumped back in.

Unfortunately all the negatives from the 70's are lost. Part of what inspired me to come back was a box of proof prints I found buried in a closet, it's all that survived from my Soho days.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home