The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at!

Friday, February 23, 2007

New Olympus DSLRs?

According to the teaser on's Digital SLR page (above), two new DSLRs will be announced on 5 March 2007.

Posted by: OREN GRAD, tip o' the hat to Colin Jago


Blogger phule said...

I would not doubt it if Olympus were bringing some form of the E-400 to the US.

10:37 PM  
Blogger laurencepak said...

i saw that on a copy of National Geographic from Hong Kong, (which might or might not be different from the ones in north america, i am not sure. they are in english)

on the back cover, there is an Olympus ad on the E1,

isnt that camera fairly obsolete to still have a back cover ad?

10:40 PM  
Blogger Player said...

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that promo photograph. I thought I was looking at a digital reincarnation of the Olympus OM series. Wouldn't that be something?

3:07 AM  
Blogger John Roberts said...

Actually, except for the 5MP sensor, there's nothing really "obsolete" about the E-1. It's still a great camera. Of course, at the modern pace of new camera introductions, any camera over 12 months old is almost considered a relic.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Mike Johnston said...

You're right, John, and I'm really puzzled and disappointed that Olympus has not followed through with regular updates to the E-1 design. There must be reasons for it, somehow, yet they're difficult to puzzle out. (I don't think speculation helps us here.) I will also be mightily disappointed if, as looks likely, the E-2--when and if it ever gets here--has a new and different body style. The design of the E-1 seems particularly successful to me, really excellent.


8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home