The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

New Music Review Site

OTA*—If you're interested in new and offbeat music, I could use your help. I and a few friends have set up a new music site called CD Reviews by C60Crew, and we need help getting the word out. If you're interested in such things and you could blog the link, or share it with an online music forum you belong to, or just shoot it to a few of your music-lovin' friends—well, many thanks.

More content is being added every day, a little of it by yours truly, even. Most recently, don't miss Kim K.'s super little mini-essay on Nyahbingi music.

Right, then, back to regular programming!


*Off-Topic Alert


Blogger antonim said...

I have never listened to any of the albums you guys reviewed, well, i never even heard of any of the artists listed :) but i really liked some of the photos on the CD covers - and for that reason alone i think it was a good move to link this site on the photographic blog. So Mike, call off OTA and think about something like "ten best photographic-music-album-covers ever".

It's not only the photo that counts, it's the name on it, the font, the layout and all the other little details. For me it's as close as we westerners can get to the eastern 'picture/poem' idea. Add music and combination is perfect.

hope my English was ok enuff to express my point,

TOP is a really great site, thank you for it!


11:30 AM  
Blogger Svein-Frode said...

Don't understand how music is off topic. It's in my head 24-7. Everything else is off topic as far as I'm concerned. Will surely give it a go and see if you guys are yelling in tune over there!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Hans-Georg Daun said...

I have bought most of the CDs Mike has recommended from Leif Ove Andsnes to the Rudy Van Gelder Remastered Series to The Raconteurs and have never been disappointed.

If he can bring the same quality of content selection, editing and presentation he has managed to maintain on TOP to the new site, it will definitely be on my sites-to-visit-every-day list (and I'll gladly use the "buy in Germany" links they have so thoughtfully included).

I second Antoni's request for a top-ten list of CD covers (and I'm hoping for a few entries from Elliot Erwitts "Snaps").

5:22 PM  
Blogger Michael Canyes said...

This "digression" brings to my mind the value of the true liberal arts education - getting harder and harder to find now, and it doesn't stop with college.

Photography is an art, but it isn't the only art and I am always glad for someone else to share any of the other arts.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Ernest Theisen said...

Remember in December the posting “ Essence Of Atmosphere” posted by Adam McAnaney, images by Nicole Bengivno. I loved the images but the song “Nevertheless” really touched me. That was one of the best songs our quartet did in 1954. My baritone didn’t help much, but I loved it.
So I went on line and found it. It is in in CD by the Skylighters, Eric Brace lead singer. Well, it is for me kind of a one track CD. I am not a big Bluegrass fan. But Amazon says folks also bought Last Train Home. So I became one of the folks. How many times have you bought a CD where every track is a winner. This is one of those. The Last Train Home, Eric Brace and very talented others. Thanks TOP.

12:11 AM  
Blogger adamei said...

Also, your readeres might like to check out This site 'scrobbles" tracks you are listening to with iTunes and posts them to the site where your selected friends can see them. It also shows you what's being listened to by people whose listening patterns are similar to yours and I've discovered some cool music that way.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Socos said...

Damn... that font needs some serious anti aliasing.

Fringe of mainstream CDs I've enjoyed recently: Good News for People who Love Bad News by Modest Mouse, and Antics by Interpol.

I also like some Cold War Kids and Marsvolta stuff.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Digital Art Photography for Dummies said...

Great name for a blog. You ever seen Herman Leonard's photographs?

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home