The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Mea Culpa...Latin for "My Bad"

Can you still say "Dabbearse"?

Sorry for the bad tip last week about the potential for the Bears-Seahawks game. As it turned out, Chicago annihilated Seattle by an official score of umpteen to very little. I dunno, but when you go cruising past an unbeaten team even this early in the season without looking like you're even trying, well, it might be time for Chicagoans to get those 1986 Superbowl sweatshirts out of mothballs and make sure the television works on game days.

...And they still have Kyle Orton on the bench.

Posted by: MIKE JOHNSTON

12 Comments:

Blogger Erio said...

Dood, that was the 85 Bears. The best team in NFL history!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Ken Tanaka said...

You betcha. This might have been an uninteresting game to non-Chicagoans but every second was a treat to us. I live within eye-shot of Soldier Field and I have to say that the place had a Super Bowl atmosphere. People were tailgating by 4:00 pm.

It's awfully early in the season but I'm digging out my 1985 championship hats and shirts.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Terry Cioni said...

Well Mike "My Bad"! I was thought it was latin for 'my fault'.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Mike Johnston said...

"Dood, that was the 85 Bears"

Right, who won Superbowl XX on Jan. 26th, 1986.

--Mike

11:55 PM  
Blogger Mike Johnston said...

"I was thought it was latin for 'my fault'."

What else does "my bad" mean?

--Mike

11:57 PM  
Blogger pinholeman said...

I'll admit the Bears looked pretty tough (Sorry, I don't know the Latin equivalent) but there are a lot of games left. Personally, I thought the Seahawks had a terrible showing but a lot of that was the result of a stingy Bears defense.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous John said...

In this context, "my fault" seems to imply that it's your fault that the Bears won...

10:23 AM  
Blogger Mike Johnston said...

No, it's my fault the Shiites can't get along with the Sunnis. Or didn't you read the piece?

--Mike

11:00 AM  
Blogger Mike Johnston said...

I'll admit the Bears looked pretty tough (Sorry, I don't know the Latin equivalent)

Gero vultus pervalidus?

--Mike

11:04 AM  
Blogger Erio said...

My bad...

12:49 PM  
Blogger scotth said...

I was in Illinois on business a couple of weeks ago. It sounds like they are already planning the Superbowl parade. I think they might have even filed for a permit.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Mike Johnston said...

I think I would welcome that JUST so they would stop talking about 1985.

--Mike

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home