The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Don't Care About Pentax 67...

...As the commenter to Ctein's post said? Hmm...then maybe I'd better blog this.


The Roksan Radius 5.

"...for those of you interested in purchasing your first analogue setup, a listen to the Roksan is a must. There are other fine midprice turntables and arms out there, but few with the premier sound of the Radius 5 and Nima. That it looks like a masterpiece, is a cool plus. The combination that Moghaddam has produced will also fare favorably against many more expensive combos. Analog is my preference, so I want each setup I review/listen to dig into the music as far as my prospective dollars will allow. With the Radius 5, both my wallet and soul would be very happy. Very highly recommended."
Um, what was that name again?

Oh, right, right.

Now if I could only get BMW to reissue the 2002tii. And, two words: Spotmatic SPIII....

Posted by: NED LUDD

Featured Comment by David Kelly: Boy this post really rubs salt in multiple wounds. my Spotmatic and its superlative lenses had to go because of its loud shutter at a time when I was working with an art historian in cathedrals. My Thorens turntable is out in the garage with my Solti Ring and early Dylan LPs, in a box that got wet last time i moved -I'm scared to look. And I'd give a hunk of coin to have back the demo 2002ti I bought in 1969 for only $3800. What a stealthmobile! It was an innocent-looking econo-box right up to the moment you blew off the muscle car trying to catch you. But my mid-life crisis gig as a river guide meant it got sold for a van. Dr. Who, where have you parked the Tardis? I want to go back!

From MJ:

Here's the BMW 2002. Some may think it looks frumpy, but it's beautiful to me—they were a blast to drive (I never owned one, but it wasn't for lack of wishing). The distant descendants of this car, the BMW 3 series, have gotten progressively less lean as the years have gone past and were finally fatally ruined in the latest restyling. They now look exactly like Pontiacs. All trace of the 2002 heritage is gone.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I hook up my iPod to it?

1:16 AM  
Blogger jim witkowski said...

What timing. The motor on my SOTA has died and the replacement cost is 300.00. I might be able to slip this past 'SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED.'

9:39 AM  
Blogger Dave New said...

My 'stealthmobile' for many years was the family hauler -- a 240-body-style Volvo Turbo wagon. It could blow the doors of off a BMW, in spite of the fact that it looked like all the other boxy 240's out there. The only thing that gave it away was the penta-star style alloy cutout wheels and the Turbo/Intercooler badge on the grill.

I put 240,000 miles (drove it to the Moon) on it over ten years, before someone totaled it for me.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Derek said...

Hey Mike, have you ever listened to a Rockport Sirius III?

I haven't had the pleasure myself, but I've been told it's an incredible device, despite it's insane price.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home