The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

July 17th: G. Dan Mitchell

G. Dan Mitchell, Early Morning, San Francisco Bay, July 17, 2006

Not exactly a non-photography day, but it was affected by the heat.

I live in San Jose, California where we have also had tremendously hot weather for a few days. (It doesn't make the news because it isn't unusual here.) Yesterday was a "Spare the Air" day on which all Bay Area transit systems provided free rides ini order to get people out of their cars and lessen air pollution.

What they don't know is that it is actually a "Support the Photographers" day since one can travel all over the SF Bay Area without having to pay for gas or parking. (This does discriminate against view camera users, since it is a lot easier to tote SLR gear without the car.)

In any case, I got a train from San Jose before 6:00 am and I was on the San Francisco waterfront a few minutes after 7:00 a.m., and watching the lovely morning light on the Bay.

Posted by: G. DAN MITCHELL

3 Comments:

Blogger Wituniasty said...

just,
wow!

I mean the photo,
I thought I do not like color..

4:53 PM  
Blogger Dan Mitchell said...

Hey, thanks!

Dan

1:50 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Hi Dan - Lovely image. I live in the bay area, and you have given me inspiration to go out shooting on those Spare the Air Days. Thanks...Dorothy

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home