The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday Thought

Cubism is almost a century old (Picasso and Braque met in 1907).



Blogger Albano Garcia said...

This post is very funny to me, since I'm studing for an university exam and I'm reading about art and avant gard. I had the same thought when I readed that the first cubist paint, "Les demoiselles d´Avignon" was painted in 1907, just a couple of days ago.

10:08 AM  
Blogger pascal said...

Disregarding pop art (that has a current effect, but the "newness" can be debated), has anything really turned the art world on its head since?

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps in the "sublime to ridiculous" department: A month or so ago, I was reading a beautifully produced, remaindered bio of Picasso and got bitten by the cubism bug.

You can see a short, 6 pix, five-finger exercise in that mode beginning here:

Promenade (Cubism Redux)


7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home