The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Unpaid, Unsolicited Endorsements

I have to admit, I don't know how to play The Game. The Game of success, I guess that would be...The Game of sellin', schmoozin', networkin', makin' the rounds and playin' the players. (Either that, or I've earned myself too much of a rep as a loose cannon, someone who'll speak his mind without regard for whose delicate Corporate feelings get hurt. Readers tend to like that. Advertisers definitely don't.)

Therefore, I've decided that when I'm done with the T.O.P. Ten list, I'm going to start a brief list of endorsements. Curiously enough, these will be actual endorsements. That is, they will be things that I endorse, personally, of my own volition, based on my own experience, and inspired by nothing but my actual affection for them. Not things that companies have asked me to endorse, not things that people are paying me to plug and hype, just things I like. I wouldn't mind if they'd ask me or pay me, you understand. It's just that they don't. So I'm going to do some endorsements anyway—unpaid, unsolicited ones.

Should be fun. (Picture me rubbing my palms together and twirling the tips of my Snidely Whiplash moustache and chuckling evilly.)

Posted by: MIKE JOHNSTON

7 Comments:

Blogger Richard Sintchak said...

Man, do I look forward to this!!! Keep up the great blog Mike.

3:31 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Mike you are absolutely phantastic! I am checking your blog many times a day..... i love it!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous wtlloyd said...

Really enjoy your writing, Mike, I even paid for "the 7th Frame".

That said, my personal endorsement: Beer.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Terence Hogben/South Africa said...

Go Mike Go.
This Blog is the only thing worth viewing for me on the web at present, and this is probably because of your inability to suck up, and of course your great writing.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Motto! said...

Those first few comments sound solicited to me. Haha.

In all seriousness though, I agree. Definitely a reliably good read.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the proud author of 3 comments that have failed to clear censorship for alledged ad hominem attacks, I wish to take this opportunity to attack you personally for failing to sell out now that you can, just like the rest of us are trying to do ... but can't. You have a lot of ass kissing jag offs reading your site and if you BS them it is cool and pays your bills too. You are half as smart as a basket ball and you were not born in 1941. annona cha ching mous

12:47 PM  
Blogger Rumour said...

I will pay you to do an advertisment for Tussy roll on deodorant.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home