The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Catching Up With Reid Reviews

I haven't caught up with Sean Reid's photography equipment review site Reid Reviews lately. He's now followed up on his excellent comparative shootout between the new Zeiss Ikon and the Leica M7 rangefinder cameras by posting the first part of a comparative review of the Leica 21mm ƒ/2.8 Elmarit Aspherical and the Zeiss ZM 21mm ƒ/2.8. This is especially interesting to me since I've got a magazine review of the Zeiss lenses in the cooker. There are several other new articles on Reid Reviews as well, including an extensive article about ultra-wide lens options for the Canon EOS lens mount and a review of the Leica D-Lux 2 digicam.

Reid Reviews is a paid subscriber site. My comment about that is power to ya, Sean!

Posted by: MIKE JOHNSTON

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rich said...

If you're waffling about subscribing to Reid Reviews here's my .02 worth. Do it. Sean obviously puts tons of time into his site. Besides reviewing relevant gear his reviews are geared to the true user, not the advertisement reiterations one reads in the fluff that passes for photography magazines on the newsstand. Sean is very sensitive to his subscriber base answering every email I've sent personally and quickly. Best $26.00 I've spent on photography in a long time!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Sean Reid said...

Thanks very much, Rich. I'm glad that you're enjoying the site.

Cheers,

Sean

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home