The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Original Reichmann


Photo Techniques magazine is currently offering a selection of prints by my friend Michael Reichmann for bargain prices in its Collector Print Program. The program has always been a nice way to get excellent original work at very reasonable prices, and it's worthwhile checking in from time to time to see what the magazine has on offer. As an aside, a bonus in Michael's case is that it's a nice way to see great examples of the current state of the art in digital printmaking.

Posted by: MIKE JOHNSTON

3 Comments:

Anonymous John said...

Ok, so here's an ethics question not entirely dissimilar to the question of reusing others' works. The page indicates that the deal is Exclusively for PHOTO Techniques readers, but it doesn't appear that the order process is restricted in any way.

Just because it's technically available to anyone, does that make it ethically permissable circumvent the stated intent? What if it's actually the intent of the artist, not just the magazine?

9:13 AM  
Blogger Mike Johnston said...

But didn't you read that on the Photo Techniques site? And wouldn't reading it there make you a Photo Techniques reader? (s)

--Mike

9:48 AM  
Blogger Dave New said...

Actually, I went out and bought the magazine. I figured I somehow owed at least that much to a print publication that would team up with Luminous Landscape to make such an offer.

Even if I end up not ordering a print, I imagine that my buying the magazine (and waving it about at work) has helped showed my support in some small way.

I'm also a subscriber to Michael's Video Journal DVD series. I recommended it for no other reason, than I found it refreshing that Michael found a truly interesting and informative way to fund his site. I look forward to each volume.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home