The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

New Reid Review Just Posted

Daytona Beach, Florida, 2006 © Sean Reid

I've just published on Reid Reviews a new article called "Photographing Daytona Bike Week" that looks at the performance of four cameras I used while working on a recent photographic project: the Canon 5D, Epson R-D1, Ricoh GR and Leica D-Lux 2. My full review of the D-Lux 2 should be ready later this month as well as my review of the Zeiss Ikon, Leica M7 and seven RF lenses.

I deeply appreciate the efforts many of you have made to spread the word about Reid Reviews.

Posted by SEAN REID


4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I know I'm being an ass here but I think that posting ads as articles on a site where content is mostly free is misleading. I'm not criticizing Sean's site, but I think there needs to be a disclaimer attached to his posts.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Sean Reid said...

admvJason,

I don't post these. I don't have access to Mike's server any more than you do. Mike posts them and usually quotes e-mails I've sent to subscribers when new content is ready (hence my name is attached to the post). He posts them, obviously, because he beleives the content valuable and, indeed, many people have heard about my site here, subscribed and found it very useful. I very much appreciate the fact that Mike feels the site content is worth discussing. Moreover, he's free to post about anything he wants on this site, whether it costs money or not. Scan the posts here for awhile back and you'll see some refer to things that cost money and some don't. Mike is free to post either and readers are free to pay attention to or ignore either. It's his site, not a public collective.

Sean Reid

8:41 AM  
Blogger Mike Johnston said...

Right, the only reason it's posted with Sean's name is that he wrote it and it's his picture. I make the decision to post things. The only person who (occasionally) posts things independently is Oren, who has Administrator privileges. Anyway, I often recommend things that cost money, like books, magazines, and, last but not least, photo equipment.

--Mike

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.photo.net/photos/hpic , http://hugopoon.blogspot.com/

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home