The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Leica-Zuiko Lens Swap

Photo: DPNow.com

DPNow's Ian Burley, assisted by PhotographyBLOG's Mark Goldstein, has performed an interesting lens swap between the Leica 14-50mm 4/3rds zoom lens (right, on the E-330) and the Olympus Zuiko 14-54mm lens (left, on the Panasonic DMC-L1). Interesting how much smaller the Olympus lens is. But let them tell you all about it....

Posted by: MIKE JOHNSTON

4 Comments:

Blogger imants said...

Olypanaleica, sounds great to me

2:59 AM  
Blogger jamietie said...

I'm thrilled to see the lens mounts, but my question is, how do you control aperture? There's no dial on the Panasonic body, so I don't know how that would word. But I'm sure Panasonic has already thought of this...

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Phil said...

Actually, IIRC from other discussions, there *is* a dial. It's a thumbwheel on the back of the pana body near the LCD. I think Four Thirds Photo has pictures and more details.

11:55 PM  
Blogger jamietie said...

I stand corrected. There is, indeed, a dial there. A picture from DPReview confirms that.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/panasonic/dmcl1-04.jpg

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home