The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Follow-Up: Holding the Camera Normally


Following up on the post below, here is a shot taken in the same spot, five or ten minutes later, and the same light, but in this case holding the camera normally instead of deliberately moving it. K-M [Tamron] 28-75mm ƒ/2.8 zoomed to 35mm, ISO 800, wide open at ƒ/2.8, AS on, at 1/10th of a second. (Unfortunately, it's a tad overexposed.) You can click on the picture to see a larger version.

I would venture to say that there is no reason at all why I couldn't have taken this picture on 800 print film using, say, a Leica with a 50mm Summicron, except that normally I just can't hand-hold a tenth. (Even if I haven't had any coffee.) So that's what I mean about AS being an important innovation to me.

Posted by: MIKE JOHNSTON

1 Comments:

Blogger eolake said...

"except that normally I just can't hand-hold a tenth."

I don't think anybody can.
You're right, this is a perfectly good picture.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home