The Online Photographer

Check out our new site at www.theonlinephotographer.com!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pure Art


I guess it's camera and lens day at T.O.P., but isn't this pretty? I'm going to be listing this on eBay later today, if I can get all the rest of my work done. I'm selling it for a friend. There is simply no description for this combo other than "Museum Quality"—both camera and lens are perfect, flawless, absolutely mint, inside and out. It's a pleasure just having these on my desk this morning. I hate calling things "mint" if they're not coins, but, as the owner says, "The only M4s and collapsible 50 'Crons in as good condition as these are in bank vaults in Japan."

The camera just had a CLA, too, to take care of any stiffness in its joints.

Just as many photographs aren't art, a few cameras are. This particular M4 really belongs in the design collection at MoMA.

Click on the image to see it larger. A sight to warm the heart of any camera geek, and beyond.

Posted by: MIKE JOHNSTON

4 Comments:

Blogger Eku Menikal said...

Ah, a fondler edition.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Salva said...

mmmmm I like mmmmmm

12:29 PM  
Blogger DonovanCO said...

I wish my M3 (DS) looked that good! But 36 years of shooting does take its toll.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Greg Huff said...

i prefer the look of beat up SLRs with mint lenses...

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home